• All sizes Quenched and Tempered for maximum strength.
• Forged alloy steel from 7 thru 300 metric tons.
• Cast alloy steel from 400 thru 1550 metric tons.
• Proof tested as follows:
• 7 thru 75 metric tons and 200 thru 300 metric tons: 2 x WLL.
• 125 metric tons: 1.6 x WLL.
• 400 metric tons and higher: 1.33 x WLL.
• All ratings are in metric tons, embossed on side of bow.
• G-2160, (7 thru 55t), are Hot Dip Galvanized and pins are painted red.
• G-2160, (75t and larger), bows are furnished Dimetcoted,
and pins are Dimetcoted,then painted red.
• S-2160 bows and pins are painted red.
• Shackles, 30t and larger, are RFID EQUIPPED.
• Can be used to connect Synthetic Web Slings, Synthetic Round Slings or Wire Rope Slings.
• Increase in shackle bow radius provides minimum 58% gain in sling bearing surface
and eliminates need for a thimble.
• Increases usable sling strength minimum of 15% and greatly
improves life of wire rope slings.
• Approved for use at -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to
204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
• Bow and bolt are certified to meet charpy impact testing of
42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) min. avg. at -20 degree C (-4 degree F).
• All 2160 shackles are individually proof tested and magnetic
particle inspected. Crosby certification available at time of order.
• Shackles requiring ABS, Lloyds and other certifications are
available upon special request and must be specified
at time of order.
• Type approved and certification to DNV Rules for Certification of
Lifting Appliances, and are produced in accordance with DNV
MSA requirements. Databook is provided that includes
• Serialization / Identification
• Material Testing (Physical / Chemical / Charpy)
• Proof Testing
• Look for the Red Pin ® . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality.
G-2160 / S-2160
G-2160/S-2160 Crosby® "WIDE BODY" SHACKLE
* Note: Maximum Proof Load is 2.0 times the Working Load Limit on 7 thru 300 metric tons (except for 125 metric tons which is proof tested
to 1.6 times the Working Load Limit). Minimum Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit on 7 thru 300 metric tons.
Maximum Proof Load is 1.33 times the Working Load Limit on 400 thru 1550 metric tons. Minimum Ultimate Load is 4.5 times the Working
Load Limit on 400 thru 1250 metric tons and 5 times the Working Load Limit for 1550 metric tons. For Working Load Limit reduction
due to side loading applications, see page 94.